Monday 6 September 2010

MA Thesis

As part of my MA dissertation I have been keeping a research diary comic. For anyone interested in its academic justification, it's an experiement in reflexivity, informed by Freirean Critical Pedagogy, and was created in the spirit of recent pioneering work towards developing a 'Queer' methodology. Here are some sections from it. (Don't steal my shit, bell-ends).










(NB: This last comic created some confusion as to my epistemological/ontological stance. For the record, I am by no means a fan of Alan Sokal; this last comic makes more sense when read in the context of my MA thesis, i.e. juxtaposed with exactly the sort of 'fashionable nonsense' Sokal sought to criticize. I don't see my willingness to make concessions to a well executed positivist prank, as signifying a weakness in poststructural/queer theory. I just think he had a point about the dangers of theorists getting lost in abstraction and losing sight of the tangible battles that need fighting, alongside the ethereal ones we tend to be most comfortable with).

No comments:

Post a Comment